Necessary Academy Workshops have limited enrollment and require pre-registration; therefore your space in a workshop will not be held until payment has been received in full. At that time, you will be issued a confirmation email. We accept credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover) or cash. No checks accepted.
How to Register:
Register via our website. Note that it is not necessary to create a PayPal user account. Upon Checkout, select the “Debit/Credit” option.
- If you are interested in registering a person other than yourself, please use their contact information, and bill to whomever is paying.
- Separate purchases must be made for each person registering for a workshop.
- Auditing of workshops is not permitted.
- Participants must be 18+ years of age.
- Necessary Academy reserves the right to accept or deny requests for enrollment in workshops at its discretion.
- All workshops take place at Necessary Studios: 2519 Borden Avenue, Suite 210, Long Island City, NY 11101. (2 stops from Grand Central Station on the 7 train)
- We provide all materials (including equipment and computers) unless otherwise noted. Therefore, all you need to bring is yourself (plus a pen and notebook if you'd like!)
- Upon arrival, report to your assigned classroom and check in with your Instructor.
- Necessary Studios is a secure facility. Please arrive to your workshop on time, and no more than 30 minutes early or late. There is no guarantee that you will be admitted into the building otherwise. We can try to accommodate lateness with advance notice if you contact your instructor ahead of time.
- In the case of inclement weather, Necessary Academy follows NYC Public School closure policies. See Cancellation details below.
- Necessary Academy prides itself for its inclusive environment. All workshop participants are expected to treat everyone with respect and dignity while on the premises or engaging in NCA-related activities. Individuals who do not follow this policy may be asked by a staff member or instructor to leave.
- Audio and video recording of Necessary Academy Workshops is not permitted.
- Guests are not permitted to meet or wait for you in our facility.
- Animals (with the exception of service animals) are not permitted in our facility.
We understand that emergencies and last minute changes happen. Note that we are also serving many people and want to ensure fairness and keep prices low.
Student Cancellation Details:
If you register for a workshop and are unable to attend, we can offer the following compensation:
You can receive
Full Credit (valid for 3 months) or a 50% Refund
50% Credit (valid for 3 months)
If your cancellation is confirmed by Necessary Academy
at least 7 days prior to workshopʼs start date
at least 5 days prior to workshopʼs start date
at least 2 days prior to workshopʼs start date
less than 2 days prior to workshopʼs start date
- No compensation is available for cancellations less than 48 hours prior to a workshopʼs start time or for non-attendance.
- There are absolutely no make-ups allowed for any missed session(s) of a workshop. It is not possible for students to make up a missed session of their Workshop by attending an equivalent session on another day. There are no refunds for missed sessions.
How to Cancel:
- By Email Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and workshop title/dates.
All cancellations must be received and confirmed by a Necessary Academy Workshops representative. Unconfirmed cancellation requests will not be recognized.
Necessary Academy Cancellations:
Workshops are subject to cancellation and date/time changes at the discretion of Necessary Academy. A Full Refund or Credit will be issued. Credits expire 3 months after issue.
In the case of inclement weather, Necessary Academy follows NYC Public School closure Policies. Refer to NYC 311 and NYC Department of Education. We will contact registered students with rescheduling and reimbursement instructions accordingly.
Necessary Academy Workshops Policies are subject to change at the sole discretion of Necessary Academy.
If you purchased your class on CourseHorse, then our Refund & Cancellation policy applies to your purchase. If you are entitled to a refund, or have any questions, please visit the CourseHorse site and contact their customer service team.